Day One: Configuring Junos Policies and Firewall Filters By Jack W. Parks, IV. Normally, this book will cost you $0.99, Here you can download thousands of books in PDF file format for free without needing the extra spent money. Click the download button above or alternative link below to download thousands of books in PDF file format.
Day One: Configuring Junos Policies and Firewall Filters
Pairing routing policy and firewall filters may, at first glance, seem like an odd combination for a routing book, after all, filters are for security and policy is about manipulating route attributes and readvertisement.
While route advertisement decisions can impact security, these two topics are more logically bundled into a single book because of the high degree of similarity in their Junos configuration syntax. Knowing one simply helps you learn the other, and given that both are critically important topics in modern IP networks, their synergy should not be ignored.
Day One: Configuring Junos Policies and Firewall Filters shows how the savvy network administrator can make unified and robust efficiencies using two similar tools from their Junos toolbox.
“Jack Parks provides clear, concise descriptions and configuration examples to illustrate basic concepts as well as complex examples that demystify policy and filter operations and capabilities that are not widely understood. this is your chance to finally understand why that nested firewall or Boolean grouped policy did not behave as you expected.” Harry Reynolds, Author, Senior Test Engineer, Juniper Networks
IT’S DAY ONE AND YOU HAVE A JOB TO DO, SO LEARN HOW TO:
• Describe the features of policy, firewall filters, and policers in Junos.
• Understand the differences between policy and firewall filters.
• Configure policy, firewall filters, and policers in the Junos CLI.
• Create useful policies for your network.
• Understand how policy flow and default policy actions work in Junos.
• Develop a foundation for advanced routing policy topics.
• Create hierarchical policy and chain policy together.
• Create routing policies that share or filter routes with other routers in the network.
Juniper Networks Books are singularly focused on network productivity and efficiency. Peruse the complete library at www.juniper.net/books.